Used when need a lightweight option for navigation or action.
- Navigate to a different page within the application.
- Navigate to an entirely different site
- Jump to an element on the same page
Use a button instead of a link for actions that will change data or manipulate how it is displayed, change a state, or trigger an action. Buttons should never be used for navigational actions.
Communicates what is being linked.
- Links need to be clear enough to be understood by the user, but should not be so long.
- We recommend links be two words or fewer.
- Since links take users to a new location, it is important that their labels accurately reflect the content users will find at the link destination.
Links allows two states: default & disabled.
Updated over 1 year ago